|Thai Coconut Soup - Tom Kha Gai Soup|
- 1” piece ginger, peeled
- 10 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Oxo chicken cube
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 7 shiitake mushrooms cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots cut into thin discs
- Can of coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 stalk of lemongrass
- Chili oil, cilantro leaves with tender stems and fresh green chilli (for serving)
- Slice and lightly smash lemongrass and ginger;
- Cut lemongrass into 4” pieces. Bring lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, and broth to a boil in a large pan.
- Let it simmer for 8–10 minutes so that the flavors kick in.
- Strain the broth into a clean saucepan and discard the solids.
- Bring the broth to a boil and place in the chicken.
- After 2 minutes add in the shiitake mushrooms.
- Add in the carrots, fish sauce and sugar and cook until chicken,mushrooms and carrots done.
- Mix in coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and drop in some chili oil, cilantro, and roughly sliced green chilli.