|Home-made Strawberry Jam|
- 2 cups strawberries, 1280 gr.
- Sugar, 320 gr.
- 1 tablespoon pectin.
- Wash the jam jars thoroughly with soap and water and rinse.
- Clean and chop the strawberries.
- Heat water in the canning pot and immerse the washed jars. Keep this boiling.
- Put hot (not boiling) water into a small pot and place the bottle covers to sterilize.
- In a non-stick pot place the strawberries with a spoon of pectin and keep stirring until it boils.
- Add sugar and cook for about 1 minute from the time it boils.
- Remove one jar at a time from the canning pot, drain well and fill with jam, then wipe the rim of the jar and place the lid and seal firmly but not too tight.
- Place it back in the canning pot. Now repeat the process until you fill all your jars.
- Now leave to boil for about 10 minutes then turn off the flame and let it stand for another 5 minutes
- Remove the jars from the water and leave out for 24 hours in a dark place.
- This process should guarantee your jars being perfectly sealed and your jam well preserved.