This is one of my all time favourites! There is nothing quite as delicious as fresh briskly seared Tuna. This delicacy is pricey but well worth it!
|Gordon Ramsay Sesame Crusted Tuna with Endive salad|
- 600g fresh tuna steaks, about 2.5cm thick
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp Wasabi 和佐比 paste
- 60g sesame seeds (or mix of white and black sesame seeds, if you like)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
|Tuna coated with Wasabi and Sesame seeds|
- Pat dry the tuna steaks. Pour some soy sauce into a wide, shallow dish.
- Dip the tuna fillets into the soy sauce and coat thoroughly. With a pastry brush, gently brush over some wasabi paste so that it covers the fillets.
- Tip the sesame seeds onto a flat plate with a little salt and pepper. Roll the tuna fillets through the seeds and coat them evenly. Chill them until ready to cook.
- Now's a good time to prepare the salad. Make sure you keep one third of the salad dressing for later.
- Heat a wide frying pan with a little oil until hot. Make sure you check and feel the heat rising from the pan.
- Sear the tuna steaks for approximately a minute on each side. Cover with the lid and leave them to cool slightly.
- Thickly slice the steaks into 2-3 generous portions. Divide the salad amongst the plates in neat piles. Arrange the tuna slices on top and spoon over a little extra dressing.