Gordon Ramsay Sesame Crusted Tuna with Endive salad
This is one of my all time favourites! There is nothing quite as delicious as fresh briskly seared Tuna. This delicacy is pricey but well worth it!
|Gordon Ramsay Sesame Crusted Tuna with Endive salad|
- 600g fresh tuna steaks, about 2.5cm thick
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp Wasabi 和佐比 paste
- 60g sesame seeds (or mix of white and black sesame seeds, if you like)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
|Tuna coated with Wasabi and Sesame seeds|
- Pat dry the tuna steaks. Pour some soy sauce into a wide, shallow dish.
- Dip the tuna fillets into the soy sauce and coat thoroughly. With a pastry brush, gently brush over some wasabi paste so that it covers the fillets.
- Tip the sesame seeds onto a flat plate with a little salt and pepper. Roll the tuna fillets through the seeds and coat them evenly. Chill them until ready to cook.
- Now's a good time to prepare the salad. Make sure you keep one third of the salad dressing for later.
- Heat a wide frying pan with a little oil until hot. Make sure you check and feel the heat rising from the pan.
- Sear the tuna steaks for approximately a minute on each side. Cover with the lid and leave them to cool slightly.
- Thickly slice the steaks into 2-3 generous portions. Divide the salad amongst the plates in neat piles. Arrange the tuna slices on top and spoon over a little extra dressing.