- 1/2 cup butter, 125 ml;
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, 175 ml;
- 1/3 cup molasses, 70 ml;
- 1 large egg;
- 2 tablespoons water;
- 2 2/3 cup flour, 600 ml;
- 1 teaspoon baking soda;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 2 teaspoon ground dried ginger;
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg;
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves;
- Icing sugar;
- lemon juice;
- Mix the butter in a bowl with the sugar. Stir in molasses, egg and water.
- Beat up the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add in the butter mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- Roll the dough into thin slices, use a cookie cutter to mold into various shapes and place on a baking sheet and in a tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Decorate with a thick mixture of icing sugar and lemon juice,
- Let it dry.